Mortal Kombat 2
Note from rat: I did not write this. If you want to see the the origional
text version of this MK2 FAQ, click here.
I have done a bit of editing to this web page, with the author's permission.
Frequently Asked Questions for
Complete Arcade Guide, Revision 21
November 1, 1994
written by Paul McElroy
HTML coversion by Daryle Walker
500 years ago, Shang Tsung was banished to the Earth Realm. With the
aid of Goro he was to unbalance the furies and doom the planet to a
By seizing control of the Shaolin Tournament he tried to tip the scales
of order towards chaos. Only seven warriors survived the battles and
Shang Tsung's scheme would come to a violent end at the hands of Liu
Facing execution for his failure and the apparent death of Goro, Tsung
convinces Shao Kahn to grant him a second chance.
Shang Tsung's new plan is to lure his enemies to compete in the Outworld
where they will meet certain death by Shao Kahn himself.
Now the Kombat Kontinues . . .
Welcome to the 21st, and perhaps final, revision of the FAQ. This guide
has been compiled over the last year by the players on the net and
myself. All moves and fatalities listed are confirmed. This guide is
for arcade versions 3.1 and up. Older machines do not include some of
the moves and many of the fatalities. If you find yourself playing on
an outdated machine, have the owner contact Midway for the replacement
- Introduction (About This Guide)
- Contents (This Section)
- General Definitions and Moves (Defines Basic Terms)
- Individual Moves and Fatalities (All Moves For All Fighters)
- General Information (Power-ups and Tricks)
- General and Individual Moves (Move Descriptions and Strategy)
- Strategy and Tactics (How to Fight the Computer and Humans)
- Combos (Combos For All Fighters)
- Retaliation (Retaliation In Certain Situations)
- Secret Characters (Jade, Smoke, and Noob Saibot)
- Rumors and Things To Try (Rumors Killed and Other Tricks)
- Version Information (History of All Machine Versions)
- Character Endings (Endings For All Fighters)
- Offers from Midway (Comic And Compact Disc Offers)
- End Credits (Who Supplied Info For This)
Original text form written by Paul McElroy.
HTML conversion (and new stuff) by Daryle Walker.